Excellent free IDE for C/C++
June 30, 2021
One of the best C/C++ programming environments is Embarcadero Dev-C++, which has the added advantage of being a totally free application. This IDE features a straightforward and intuitive interface that makes it easy to handle both the code editor and it integrates.
A fast, portable, simple, and free C/C++ IDE for Windows.
- Embarcadero Dev-C++ uses the TDM-GCC 9.2.0 32/64-bit compiler and is compatible with CCG-based compilers.
- Handy code editor with syntax color coding, search options, replace, etc.
- Integrated debugging (using BGF).
- Lots of configuration options to customize the compiler, the environment, and the editor itself.
- Markers and breakpoints.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Modification and compilation of resource files.
- Possibility to add, edit, and delete tools.
- Different interface themes.
- GPROF profiling support.
- It allows users to quickly create static libraries and DLLs for Windows consoles.
- It includes templates for your own projects.
In short, with this integrated development environment, you will be able to write, compile, and execute your C++ programs without hassle. Undoubtedly, Embarcadero Dev-C++ Dev-C++ is one of the best free alternatives to other IDEs such as Microsoft’s Visual Studio.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,…