This tutorial is about Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue
When browsing and working, shortcuts are a great way to cut down on clicking and scrolling time. Because I don’t have a physical mouse and relying on a mouse pad on my laptop seemed like a big problem, I recently came to this conclusion while using shortcuts to initiate zoom. I use Google Chrome because I do most of my business online and I use a lot of Chrome keyboard shortcuts to manage my tabs.
However, Chrome’s keyboard shortcuts had recently stopped working and I was wondering how I could fix the problem. You don’t have to waste time browsing the internet on your own, as I found out.
Some customers have experienced shortcut issues in Windows 10 since the system update. In modern user interface and desktop modes, application shortcuts became useless and you couldn’t access the programs you needed. If your Windows 10 Chrome shortcut is not working, you will have a lot of trouble as you will not be able to use this program as easily, wasting valuable time.
Although Windows 10 has troubleshooting tools to help with these problems, these tools have been shown to be ineffective on some computers, resulting in consumer unhappiness. The inability to use keyboard shortcuts can be a major problem, and this article will address that. These problems are easy to correct and we will show you how to do it in this article.
Fix Chrome Shortcut Creation Error
We strongly recommend that you use this tool to fix your error. Furthermore, this tool detects and removes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware, and hardware failure, and optimizes your device for maximum performance. This software will help you troubleshoot your PC and prevent others from happening again:
- Step 1 : Install PC Repair and Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista).
- Step 2: click Start scan to find out what problems are causing problems on the PC.
- Step 3: click Repair everything to correct all problems.
Sometimes the Create Shortcut option may be grayed out. This happens when you use the incognito window or the guest window in Chrome. You need to use a normal Chrome window to solve the problem. To switch to normal incognito viewing mode, open the Chrome menu and click New Window.
- Upload the website you want to create a shortcut for and you should have access to the Create Shortcut option without a problem.
- To exit guest mode, click the guest profile icon and then click Exit Guest Mode. Reload the website in a normal Chrome window and you will be able to access the Create Shortcut option again.
- However, the “Create Shortcuts” option will always appear dimmed on new tabs or internal Chrome pages (such as the Settings page). Chrome intentionally restricts the creation of shortcuts on these pages.
When you create a shortcut to a web page, the shortcut opens the web page in a separate window without menus, tabs, or other browser components. You can also set the Chrome shortcut to open as the default web page in a new browser tab, as the separate window option is not available in all versions of Windows.
- Open the Chrome web browser and navigate to the web page.
- Navigate to the Chrome menu located in the upper right corner of the browser and represented by three vertically aligned dots.
- Select “Other Tools” and choose “Add to Desktop”, “Create Shortcut” or “Create Application Shortcut” (the option that appears depends on your operating system).
- Enter a name for the shortcut or leave the default name, which is the name of the web page.
- Select Create to add the shortcut to the desktop.
The above method is not the only way to create shortcuts that open in Chrome. Here are other ways to create a shortcut to a web page:
- Highlight the URL in the address bar.
- Drag the shortcut to a folder on your computer.
- Right-click on your desktop, go to New, and select Shortcut.
- Enter the URL and select Next.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and select Done.
- Select the shortcut on the desktop.
- Drag the shortcut to the Windows taskbar.
Final remarks: Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, Fix ‘Chrome Create Shortcut Not Working error’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.