This tutorial is about How to change the location of my iPhone Backup in iTunes on Windows 10. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to change the location of my iPhone Backup in iTunes on Windows 10. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to change the location of my iPhone Backup in iTunes on Windows 10
iTunes is Apple’s media manager, client showcase, and general playback application for Mac and Windows. Although some app spaces are responsive, Apple has a long history of simply concluding how specific things will work.
One region the company has chosen to manage with an iron fist is setting the backup location for iTunes on Windows 10. The default is C: Users% USERNAME% AppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup and there are no settings within iTunes to transform it. That’s where iTunes will put your syncs and backups, whether you like it or not.
For certain users, this is not a problem. In any case, many customers do things like have a C: segment that incorporates only Windows and is small, housed in a solid state drive (SSD) for ideal performance. They’d rather not have an ever-developing aggregation of phone backups clogging that drive and wasting their write cycles.
Despite the justifications as to why you should change the iTunes backup location in Windows 10, this is the way to do it.
How do I change my iPhone backup location in iTunes?
You can not. Apple does not allow users to change the default location of their system backups. There is no official command on the iPhone device or the iTunes app that gives the user the option to change this. You can use symbolic links or download a third-party program that will move the backups for you.
How do I change the iTunes backup location to a Windows external hard drive?
Hold down the OPTION key while opening iTunes. You will be asked to select a library. Navigate to the external drive to select the iTunes library you want to use. From then on, when you sync your phone, the backups will go to the iTunes library on the external drive. “
How do I backup my iPhone to a different drive?
Open the external hard drive. Go back to the Finder window with your iOS backups and select the device’s backup folder (it will be called “Backup” or it will have a bunch of numbers and letters). Drag it to your external hard drive. Enter your administrator password to authenticate your action.
How do I move iTunes from drive C to drive D in Windows 10?
- Launch iTunes with Option (Shift on Windows) key pressed and guide it to the new library location. The application must remain on the system drive. The iTunes library folder can usually be moved from the current location to, for example, D: iTunes and then accessed by holding down the Shift key when launching iTunes.
- Can I change iPhone backup location on PC?
- Open iTunes on your PC. Select Edit and Preferences. Select Advanced and Change. Select the drive or location where you want iTunes to store your media.
Where is the iTunes backup stored?
Where does iTunes store backups? By default, iTunes backups are stored in MobileSync> Backup.
Where is iTunes backup stored in Windows 10?
Where is the iTunes backup folder in Windows? ITunes backups are stored in% APPDATA% Apple ComputerMobileSync on Windows. In Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista, this will be a path as UsersAppDataRoamingApple ComputerMobileSyncBackup.
Can you backup your iPhone to a Windows external hard drive?
How to Backup iPhone to External Hard Drive in Windows. Open iTunes and connect your iPhone. … Once the process is complete, go to the iTunes backup folder (“% appdata% Apple ComputerMobileSyncBackup”). Find the latest backup folder, right click, hit “copy” and then paste it to your external hard drive.
Can I backup my iPhone directly to an external hard drive?
The good news is that you can backup iPhone to external hard drive without iTunes or iCloud. The tool you need for that is called AnyTrans for iOS. … Preview old iCloud and iTunes backups and transfer files from your old backup directly to an external drive.
How do I do a manual backup of my iPhone?
- Backup iPhone
- Go to Settings> > iCloud> iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud backup. iCloud automatically backs up your iPhone every day when iPhone is connected to power, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi.
- To perform a manual backup, tap Back up now.
How do I choose where to backup my iPhone?
Go to Settings> General> Reset, then tap Erase all content and settings. On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in with your Apple ID. Go to “Choose Backup”, then choose from a list of backups available in iCloud.
Does ITunes have to be installed on drive C?
The iTunes application contains system components and therefore must be installed on the drive or partition that contains the operating system.
How do I transfer iPhone backup from C to D?
- Change iTunes iOS Backup Folder Automatically
- Download and install iPhone Backup Extractor.
- Choose Preferences from the main menu.
- Select Backups in the Preferences window. The “Preferences” panel shows the backup locations.
- Click the Change button to start the process of changing the default iTunes backup folder.
How do I move iTunes to another drive in Windows 10?
- Move your iTunes library to an external drive
- From iTunes main menu, go to iTunes> Preferences and then click Advanced. …
- Also in the Advanced Preferences windows, click Change.
- From the iTunes Media Folder Location windows, navigate to the new drive (for example, Backup Plus).
Final remarks: How to change the location of my iPhone Backup in iTunes on Windows 10
I hope you understand this article, How to change the location of my iPhone Backup in iTunes on Windows 10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.