This tutorial is about How to Convert DVDs to MP4 on Windows PC or Mac. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Convert DVDs to MP4 on Windows PC or Mac. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Convert DVDs to MP4 on Windows PC or Mac
We live in a world where we want every movie and TV show to be available on every electronic device in our arsenal. Shelves full of films now feel too cumbersome and are also an unnecessary waste of space that can be better used for something else. Plus, we all know how boring a plane or train ride can be without access to a solid entertainment library. There is more than one way to convert your rotating movie discs to a format that is compatible with a variety of devices. Here is our guide on how to convert DVD to MP4.
What is the best way to convert DVD to MP4?
If you want an easy way to convert DVD to MP4 on Mac, then iMyMac Video Converter is for you. This particular tool is a video converter that supports a long list of formats and devices. It is also very easy to use. Check out the steps below to see how simple it is to convert video formats.
- Try iMyMac Video Converter by clicking the Free Download button, then install and run it on your Mac.
- Download, install and run iMyMac Video Converter.
- Look for Add files. You will find it in the upper left part of the program. Click on that to add your DVD file.
- Go to the top right of the program to find Convert all tasks to. Choose MP4 from the drop down list.
- Look for the blue Convert button. Click on it to convert your DVD files to MP4 formats on Mac.
How to Convert DVD to MP4 on Mac VLC
VLC is an excellent CD ripping tool on Mac because it can help you rip DVD to MP4 format. Once the DVD is converted, it can be played on various devices and players without a DVD player.
- First, insert the DVD into the Mac drive and then launch VLC on the Mac. From the File tab drop-down menu, select the Open Disc option and a window will appear containing your disc information.
- Click the Disable DVD menu. In the lower left corner, check the Flow Out box.
- Click the settings button to access a new window. Click the File option to get the copied disc to your Mac. Click Browse to select the location where you want to save the converted disc. A new window will appear, select the file name and location on the “Save As” and “Where” tabs, respectively. Click the “Save” button to confirm.
- Then select MPEG 4 from the Encapsulation Method drop-down menu. You can also set the required bit rate of video and audio, etc. Click OK to confirm all settings.
- Finally, click Open and you can start using VLC to convert DVD to MP4 on Mac.
Convert DVD to MP4 with Disk Utility on Mac
Did you know that there is software on your Mac that can help you convert DVD to MP4? Disk Utility software can help you convert DVD to MP4 on Mac. Since Disk Utility software is included in your Mac, it is free. You do not need to download or install new software. So, let’s get started.
- Go to the Finder. Click Go.
- Select Utilities from the drop-down list to bring up your Utilities folder.
- Click Name at the top right of the panel to organize the list by name.
- Scroll down the list and select Disk Utility. Double click on it to start it.
- Go to the left side of the panel to view the CDs you have already stored on your Mac. Select a CD.
- Click File. Select New from the drop-down list.
- Select Disk Image From. This is the last option on the list and it will show the name of the CD you want to copy to your Mac. The name of the DVD will be in quotation marks.
- Rename the file in the next dialog box, if you want. Rename the image disc you will create.
- Create a new folder where you want to save your DVD.
- Select DVD / CD master in Picture format. You can also choose to encrypt if you want. You can do this by selecting the Encrypt option under Encryption. If you don’t want to encrypt, you can’t choose any.
- Click Save. The Disk Utility Progress window will appear to inform you that your Mac is creating an image. Your goal of converting DVD to MP4 on Mac is already taking place. You are creating a disc image of your DVD so that you can burn it.
- Wait for it to finish creating the DVD.
- Check the new file in your Disk Utility folder. You will notice that a file has been added at the bottom of the left side of the panel. If you notice it, your new file ends in .cdr.
- Make a copy of your new file by selecting it. Click Burn in the top menu. This will open your CD drive to open and ask you to insert a disc. If you have more than one CD drive, select which one you want to use. If you only have one, you can proceed to the next step.
- Insert the DVD. Your Mac will check the DVD to make sure there is enough space for it. Click Burn to convert DVD to MP4 on Mac.
- Repeat the process to make another copy.
How to Convert DVD to MP4 on Windows
- Put the DVD disc in the drive.
- Add a DVD disc.
- Choose MP4 as the output format.
- Start conversion.
Final remarks: How to Convert DVDs to MP4 on Windows PC or Mac
I hope you understand this article, How to Convert DVDs to MP4 on Windows PC or Mac. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.