A lovable Pokemon that is always seen carrying an egg, Chansey is a first-generation Pokemon that has incredibly high defensive stats and HP. You can get Chansey in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet and evolve it into Blissey.
RELATED: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: How To Evolve Primeape Into Annihilape
Blissey is known as the ‘Happiness Pokemon,’ so its evolution process is done by showing your Chansey as much love as possible and building up your friendship. If you want to give Chansey the ability to reach its full potential as Blissey, here is how you can do so.
Where To Find Happiny & Chansey
Starting in the fourth generation, Happiny is the Pokemon that evolves into Chansey. Before this, Chansey was a stand-alone Pokemon, but in Scarlet & Violet, you have the ability to catch both in the wild. Depending on how far you are in the game, Happiny will be better to catch if you have lower-level Pokemon.
As you can see from the picture above, Happiny can be found in the southern part of Paldea, especially just outside the city of Los Platos. Happiny is extremely hard to come across, though. To spot them more frequently, you should eat or make a sandwich that will boost your Normal-Type Encounter Power. An easy sandwich to make during a picnic that will increase this power is a Ham Sandwich. This is highly recommended to speed up your search.
- First, start by flying to the Los Platos (East) Pokemon Center.
- From here, head northwest on the map until you are in the area just nearby the small lake found in the middle.
- If you have eaten something with Normal-Type Encounter Power, you should be able to spot a few Happiny in the area. They will be around Level 6 to 7, so it should be an extremely easy catch.
- You can approach them directly or throw a Poke Ball with ZR to startle them.
- You should only need to use a regular Poke Ball to catch this Pokemon because it is low-level.
Once you have Happiny, in order to evolve it into Chansey, it will need to be holding an Oval Stone during its next level up. The Oval Stone can be found in a few different areas throughout Paldea, with the easiest location being in the city of Levincia, hidden behind a tree and some bushes. You can use the map above as a reference to find this item.
If you would rather just find Chansey in the wild, you can use the above reference to find different locations throughout Paldea where Chansey will be located. Of these available locations, there is one in particular that has the most Chanseys in the area, which we will go over below.
- First, it is recommended you eat something with Normal-Type Encounter Power, as Chansey is just as hard to find as Happiny.
- You can then fly to the North Province (Area Three) Pokemon Center.
- Start heading north until you get out of the Glaseado Mountain area. You will then be able to find a few Chanseys walking around near the Fairy Crew Base.
- With this Pokemon, you will want to crouch with the B Button instead of approaching it directly, so they don’t see you coming. Chanseys will run away quickly if they see you.
- This Pokemon will be tough to catch and will often use a move that restores its health. When you have its HP down, use an Ultra Ball or a Friendship Ball if you have one.
RELATED: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: How To Evolve Pawmo Into Pawmot
How To Evolve Chansey Into Blissey
Now that you have your Chansey, you can start the process of evolving it into Blissey. In order to do this, you will have to reach maximum friendship with your Chansey. Luckily, there are quite a few ways that you can do this. If you use all the methods below, this shouldn’t take long at all.
- Catch your Chansey with a Friendship Ball if you have one.
- Give your Chansey a Soothe Bell. This will increase your friendship. You can buy one at any of the Delibird Presents locations.
- Take out your Chansey using the ‘Let’s Go’ feature as much as possible. You can let it walk beside you and also participate in auto battles on its own.
- Talk to and wash your Chansey during picnics.
If you use all of these methods together, your Chansey should evolve into Blissey in no time. If you want to check your friendship level with Chansey, make your way to the city of Cascarrafa. When you arrive, go to the fountain in the very middle of the city. There will be a woman in green clothes with a Marill next to some bushes, who can tell you the friendship level you have with any of your Pokemon. Show her your Chansey, and she can tell you how far along you are in your friendship.