This tutorial is about How To Fix ‘ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Error’ Issue From Google Chrome Browser. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How To Fix ‘ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Error’ Issue From Google Chrome Browser. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How To Fix ‘ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Error’ Issue From Google Chrome Browser
There are several reasons why the ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND error message appears in Chrome. The main reason lies with Chrome extensions. However, in some cases, the files may be damaged. Since the error is mostly caused by your Chrome extensions, the best way to fix it is to disable those extensions. Google Chrome is considered to be at the top of the internet browser food chain for almost every computer operating system out there. However, like all other internet browsers, Google Chrome is prone to a few bugs, one of which is Error 6 (net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND).
The file or directory could not be found. Error 6 can appear when the user tries to open any website or a specific website. For many people who have been affected by Error 6 in the past, the culprit was a Google Chrome extension titled Default Tab that somehow got into their computer and caused them to face Error 6. The Default Tab extension did not it’s just a Chrome extension, it’s also a program in its own right, so it keeps showing up no matter how many times I remove it from the list of extensions in Google Chrome.
Get rid of the default tab extension
you can get rid of the default tab extension and consequently fix error 6, and to do so you need to:
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program.
- Find the default tab in the list of installed programs. Once you have located the default tab, uninstall it. Once the default tab program has been uninstalled, open Google Chrome. Click the Hamburger Menu button in the upper right corner of the window. Click Settings.
- On the Settings tab, navigate to Extensions.
- In the extensions tab, find and remove the default tab. This time, the extension will not come back once you remove it, since you have already installed its program counterpart.
Determine which extension is causing the problem and remove it
- If you don’t have a default tab extension listed in your Chrome extensions, the only plausible explanation is that an extension other than the default tab extension is causing error 6. If that’s the case, you should:
- Open Google Chrome. Click the Hamburger Menu button in the upper right corner of the window. Click Settings.
- Navigate to Extensions on the left panel. In the right pane, uncheck and disable all the Chrome extensions you have. Enable any extension, restart Chrome and see if the error 6 persists. If you don’t see Error 6 like before, the extension you enabled is not the culprit. If that’s the case, repeat these steps over and over again, each time enabling a different extension.
- The culprit extension will be the one causing you to experience Error 6 when it is only enabled. Once you have determined which extension is the culprit, go to Extensions once again and remove it by clicking the trash can icon next to the Enable checkbox and click Remove to confirm the action.
Final remarks: How To Fix ‘ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Error’ Issue From Google Chrome Browser
I hope you understand this article, How To Fix ‘ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND Error’ Issue From Google Chrome Browser. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.