This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Blank White Screen’ Issue. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Blank White Screen’ Issue. If your answer is yes then please do share with your friends after reading this.
Check How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Blank White Screen’ Issue
Microsoft Teams is a convenient communication platform used by millions of people around the world. Initially intended as a business application, it is now available for free personal use among friends and family. However, many users have complained of blank white screen issues when opening the Teams app on their PC. If you are facing any of these problems, don’t worry. Here are some easy ways to fix blank white screen when opening Microsoft Teams in Windows 10 or 11.
Close Microsoft Teams successfully
The easiest way to troubleshoot Microsoft Teams is to shut it down completely. The application starts automatically on startup and can run in the background. To close it properly, right-click on the Computers icon in the system tray at the bottom right and hit Exit.
Once done, try opening Teams again to see if the problem is resolved. If you still see a blank screen, continue with the other steps below.
Kill teams from the task manager
The other way is to close Microsoft Teams, or related processes, is to remove it from the task manager. You can do it in the following way:
- Open the Start menu and search for Task Manager. You can also open it by pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc.
- Once open, select Microsoft Teams by clicking on it.
- Faucet Final task at the bottom right of the window.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on Teams> End Task.
Now restart Microsoft Teams and check if it opens normally.
Clear Microsoft Teams cache data
Clearing Microsoft Teams cache worked for most of the users facing blank white screen issue. If the basic solutions don’t work, delete the cache files accumulated on your computer’s drive.
- Open File Explorer on your computer.
- Go to C:> Users> “your username”> AppData> Roaming> Microsoft.
- Here, find and tap Teams.
- Select and delete all folders in this directory.
This will clear the cache and fix the blank screen when Microsoft Teams starts.
Repair Microsoft computers
Windows allows you to repair the application if it is not working properly. It does not affect your data.
- Open Settings on your computer.
- Click on apps and go to Apps and Features.
- Here, search for Microsoft Teams.
- Tap it and select Advanced options. Windows 11 users will need to touch the three-dot menu.
- Click repair and wait for it to finish.
Reset the Teams app
If that doesn’t work, the next solution is to reset the Microsoft Teams app. This is similar to deleting app data on Android. Do this:
- Go to the same advanced options page for Microsoft teams.
- Here click on Reset.
- Touch Reset again to confirm.
All data will be deleted and all app related issues will be fixed including blank screen issue.
Uninstall and reinstall
If nothing works, the last option is to uninstall Microsoft Teams from your PC and reinstall the latest version from the official site.
- Go to Settings> Apps> Apps & Features.
- Click on the Microsoft Teams three-dot menu.
- To press Uninstall and confirm the message.
- You can also uninstall Teams by right-clicking the Start menu and pressing Uninstall.
Once done, download the Microsoft Teams setup from the official site and install it.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Blank White Screen’ Issue
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Microsoft Teams Blank White Screen’ Issue. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.