This tutorial is about How to Fix ‘Touchpad Gestures Not Working’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Fix ‘Touchpad Gestures Not Working’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Fix ‘Touchpad Gestures Not Working’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
The touchpad comes in all laptops. It is a pointing device that helps the user to use their pointer as if it were a mouse. It is embedded directly in the laptop case. However, it is painful to use the computer when this TouchPad stops working. This can be due to many factors, such as hardware failures, driver issues, and more. This problem can occur at different times. It can occur after installing an operating system or during a driver update, after exiting from hibernation, or at any other random time.
Since Windows is officially for laptops with Intel 8th chips, the problem is not only for AMD users, Intel CPU users also have problems with touchpad gestures where most of the functions like zoom, pan, pinch etc. do not work.
Check all other gestures
You should know that some touchpad gestures need a precision touchpad to work. So if your laptop doesn’t have a precision touchpad, you will face gestures that don’t work. If there are only one or two gestures that are not working, your laptop most likely does not have a precision touchpad.
You can check whether your laptop has a precision touchpad or not by going to the Settings> Devices> Touchpad section.
Check the touch pad driver
The gestures will not work if you do not have the correct touchpad driver installed on your Windows 10 laptop. If you have not installed the correct touchpad driver yet, you can download it from the manufacturer’s website and install it right now. The latest driver can fix the issue of touchpad gestures not working. You can also use the driver update software to automatically download and install the latest touch pad drivers.
You can enable or disable touchpad gestures through Settings.
- Launch the Settings app using the Windows logo + I keyboard shortcut.
- Then click on the second icon labeled Devices (printers, Bluetooth mouse).
- After that, click on Mouse and Touchpad to see different settings for the Mouse and Touchpad.
- Here, under the Touchpad section, if your laptop is equipped with a precision touchpad, you will see options to turn the touchpad on or off, as well as the touchpad gestures.
Enable or disable touchpad gestures via Control Panel
- First, in the Start menu, find the Run box or command box, then type Main.cpl and press the Enter key to open Mouse Properties.
- Once you have launched Mouse Properties, just click on the last tab called Click Pad, Thinkpad, or Touchpad.
- Then click the Settings button to open the Synaptic Control Panel.
- After that, switch to the Click, Scroll and Gestures tabs one after the other to see all the gestures supported by your touchpad.
- Now check or uncheck the gestures to turn them on or off. Once done, click the OK button and then click Apply.
Disable then enable the touchpad
Disabling then enabling the touchpad is one of the easiest ways to make gestures work again. You can use the instructions to turn on and off gestures to enable or disable the touchpad in Windows 10.
Reinstall the touch panel driver
Sometimes touchpad gestures don’t work in Windows 10 because the touchpad driver is corrupted or one of its files is missing. The best way to fix the problem is to reinstall the touchpad driver. To reinstall the touch pad driver:
- First, you need to open the Device Manager. Then you can expand Mice and other pointing devices to see your touchpad input.
- After that, right-click on the touchpad entry and then click on Uninstall Device option.
- When you receive a message, select the Remove the driver software for this device option, and finally click the Uninstall button to uninstall the touch panel driver.
- You can download the latest version of the touchpad driver from your PC manufacturer’s website and then install it. Your touchpad gestures should now work.
Final remarks: How to Fix ‘Touchpad Gestures Not Working’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Fix ‘Touchpad Gestures Not Working’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.