This tutorial is about How to Install and Use FileZilla on Ubuntu Linux. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Install and Use FileZilla on Ubuntu Linux. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Table of contents
Check How to Install and Use FileZilla on Ubuntu Linux
How to install FileZilla on Ubuntu 20.10 using Terminal. Learn how to use FileZilla to transfer files between computers. After installing FileZilla, you can use FileZilla to connect to the Ubuntu server from another computer. FileZilla FTP Client for Linux Ubuntu is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with many useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface. The FileZilla client not only supports FTP, but also FTP over TLS (FTPS) and SFTP. It is open source software that is distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Ubuntu Linux offers two methods of software management. These methods are command line and software center. Let’s learn how to use both options to add and remove the FileZilla client. The first command synchronizes the configured repositories. It is an optional command. We use it before installing software to make sure Ubuntu is downloading the latest version of the software. Software management is a privileged task. Requires user confirmation. Enter your login password to confirm when prompted.
FileZilla FTP Client
FileZilla FTP Client for Linux Ubuntu is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with many useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface. The FileZilla client not only supports FTP, but also FTP over TLS (FTPS) and SFTP. It is open source software that is distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Among others, the features of FileZilla include the following:
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS), and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Multi platform. Works on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Tabbed user interface
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag and drop support
- Configurable transfer rate limits
- filename filters
- Directory Comparison
- Network setup wizard
- Remote file editing
- Keep alive
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- log in file
- Synchronized directory scanning
- remote file search
Install FileZilla via PPA on Ubuntu
- Run the following commands in terminal to install FileZilla FTP Client via PPA on Ubuntu Linux:
- sudo apt update
- sudo apt update
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sicklylife/filezilla
- sudo apt update sudo apt install filezilla
How to use Filezilla to transfer files
- Open the FileZilla client.
- Click Edit (top of home screen) and select Settings/Preferences.
- Expand the Connection section (left side of the menu) and highlight SFTP.
- Click on the button.
- Browse/explore directories on your local machine.
- Select the private key file.
- Click File (at the top of the FileZilla home screen) and select Site Manager
- Click the New Site button (left side of Site Manager) and type a unique name in My Sites for easy recognition.
- On the General tab, enter the Host and Port fields (default is 22).
- In the Protocol drop-down menu, for FTPS transfers, select FTP over SSL (explicit encryption), and for SFTP transfers, select SFTP using SSH2.
- In the Login Type dropdown menu, select Interactive.
- Press OK.
Transfer files using FileZilla
- Open FileZilla.
- Click the arrow next to the Open Site Manager button.
- Select the server that you configured in the previous procedure (see above).
- In the Password box, enter the password and click OK.
- FileZilla connects and opens.
- The computer (Local) is on the left and the server (Remote) is on the right.
Final remarks: How to Install and Use FileZilla on Ubuntu Linux
I hope you understand this article, How to Install and Use FileZilla on Ubuntu Linux. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.