This tutorial is about How to Install Google Play Store Android apps on Windows 11 PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Install Google Play Store Android apps on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Install Google Play Store Android apps on Windows 11 PC
The Google Play Store will now be working on Windows 11, all thanks to the help of a developer and a design student. The Android App Store at Google is fully functional within Windows 11 using the following method, allowing users to download and install a game or app and run it alongside traditional Windows apps.
Microsoft already started testing compatibility with the Android Windows 11 app last week, but the official app is restricted to the Amazon Appstore and less than 50 apps during the preview phase. Installing the Google Play Store opens Windows 11 for all the Android apps or games you want to use.
How to install Google Play Store and run Android apps
The Google Play Store installation process on Windows 11 requires the setup of various tools that run various Linux commands, Command Prompt, and PowerShell. The instructions below have everything you need to complete this task. If something isn’t working properly, you probably did something wrong. If this is the case, start over with the instructions until it works.
The preparation process includes removing any previous Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) installations from your device and installing the Windows Subsystem for Android and Ubuntu. It is also a requirement to enable developer mode in Windows 11 and install a tool like 7-zip to extract files. Additionally, you must download a copy of the original Windows subsystem for Android, OpenGApps, the WSAGAScript scripts, and the ADBKit tools.
Since you cannot run the original and custom versions of WSA, you will need to remove the original if it is installed on your computer. Otherwise, continue with the WSL2 installation.
To uninstall the original WSA, follow these steps:
- Open configuration.
- Click Applications.
- Click on the Apps & Features page on the right side.
- Select the Amazon app store.
- Click on the menu (three-dot button) on the right side.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Click the Uninstall button again.
Once you complete the steps, you can proceed with the Linux subsystem installation.
You will need a Linux distribution to complete this setup. If you do not have the Windows Subsystem for Linux already installed on your computer, continue with the steps below. Otherwise, continue with the steps to enable developer mode in Windows 11.
To install WSL together with the Ubuntu distribution, follow these steps:
- Open start.
- Find the command prompt, right-click on the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to install the Windows subsystem for Linux and Ubuntu and press Enter: wsl –install
- Restart the computer to apply the changes.
- Continue with the onscreen instructions to configure the Ubuntu distribution.
After completing the steps, the Linux subsystem will be installed with the Ubuntu distribution.
Enable developer mode
The next step is to make sure developer mode is enabled in Windows 11:
- Open configuration.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Click on the For Developers page on the right hand side.
- Turn on the developer mode toggle switch.
Once you complete the steps, you can download apps in Windows 11.
Since you will need to recover files from different containers, you will need an application like 7-zip. If you already have it, you can skip these steps.
To install 7-zip from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft 7-zip store page.
- Click the Get button.
After completing the steps, the file manager application will be installed in Windows 11.
The process for running Android apps from the Google Play Store requires creating a custom version of the Windows Subsystem for Android, which means you’ll need to download the package to modify it.
To download the Windows Subsystem package for Android, follow these steps:
- Open the rg.adguard website.
- Select the Productid option.
- Copy and paste this ID 9P3395VX91NR.
- Select the Slow option.
- Click the Check button.
- Scroll down and click the MicrosoftCorporationII.WindowsSubsystemForAndroid_1.7.32815.0_neutral_ ~ _8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle link to download the Windows Subsystem package for Android.
Once you complete the steps, there are other components that you will need to download to continue the process, including the OpenGApps tools and custom WSAScript scripts.
To download the OpenGAapps tools, follow these steps:
- Open the OpenGApps website.
- Select the x86_64 option for the platform.
- Select option 11 for the Android version.
- Select the peak option for the variant.
- Click the Download button to save the file to your device.
After completing the steps, you need to download the WSAGAScript package.
To download the WSAGAScript scripts, follow these steps:
- Open the WSAGAScript GitHub page.
- Click the Code menu and select the Download ZIP option.
- Save the file to your computer.
Once you complete the steps, the script package will download to your computer.
Final remarks: How to Install Google Play Store Android apps on Windows 11 PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Install Google Play Store Android apps on Windows 11 PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.