This tutorial is about How to Integrate iPhone with Windows PC or Chromebook. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Integrate iPhone with Windows PC or Chromebook. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Integrate iPhone with Windows PC or Chromebook
iPhone and Chromebook are products of two tech giants that differ in their approach and are often at a crossroads when it comes to software compatibility. And as American students increasingly use Chromebooks as their primary laptops and iPhones as their smartphones, the issue of compatibility becomes even more important. We tried to install iTunes on Chromebook but it didn’t work as expected.
So, in this article, we will see how we can connect iPhone to Chromebook to transfer photos and files. We have mentioned USB and wireless methods to sync iPhone and Chromebook. Also, both Google and Microsoft do not support running Windows 10 on Chromebook-specific hardware. This means that you may not be able to find Microsoft certified drivers and may have to resort to possible third-party solutions.
However, the biggest problem regarding Windows 10 on Chromebooks is the installation process of the Microsoft platform. Most Chromebooks have a write-protect screw on the motherboard that prevents you from installing an operating system. To get Windows 10 on the machine, you need to remove the bottom case, remove the screw on the motherboard, and then flash the new firmware. With all that in mind, it’s always worth considering our list of alternatives later in this article if you don’t want to completely hack your Chromebook.
Connect iPhone to Chromebook and transfer photos via USB
- Similar to Mac or Windows PC, connect your iPhone to Chromebook with a USB lightning cable. Instantly, you will get a popup on your iPhone to allow media access. Tap “Allow” and you’re almost done.
- Now open the Files app on your Chromebook and you will find “Apple iPhone” on the left panel. Open it up more and there you have it. All your iPhone photos and videos will be available on your Chromebook. Now, you can easily transfer your iPhone media and edit photos on Chromebook easily.
Wireless connection of iPhone and Chromebook via Snapdrop
If you are looking for a perfect way to transfer photos, media files, documents, etc. from your iPhone to Chromebook, Snapdrop is the best way to do it. It’s a wireless method and works great without installing or signing up for an account.
In addition to that, it uses the HTTPS protocol and the transfer is encrypted by DTLS, similar to the iPhone’s AirDrop service. The only thing you need is a WiFi network where both your iPhone and Chromebook must be connected to the same WiFi point. Having said all that, let’s now move on to the steps.
- Launch Chrome and open snapdrop.net on your Chromebook.
- Next, open Safari or Chrome or any browser of your choice on iPhone. Now, open snapdrop.net on your iPhone. You will find the target of your Chromebook on the iPhone. Now tap on it and select an image, file or anything you want and it will be sent to the Chromebook right away.
- On your Chromebook, tap “Download” and you’re good to go. You have successfully transferred a file wirelessly from your iPhone to Chromebook. You can do this from both ends. That’s pretty easy, right?
Wireless connection of iPhone and Chromebook with AirDroid
If you are looking for a complete wireless solution where you can send not only files, but also clipboards, URLs, etc., then AirDroid is a better solution. This is also a wireless method and requires a common WiFi network between both devices.
- First of all, install the AirDroid app (free) on your iPhone and create an AirDroid account.
- Next, go to the “My Device” section and tap on “AirDroid Web”. Now, tap on “Scan QR Code” and scan the QR code that I have mentioned in the next step.
- Click this link to open AirDroid Web on your Chromebook. After that, scan the QR code on the home page and it will connect to your iPhone. Now, sign in to your AirDroid account on Chromebook as well.
- Finally, you will find all your iPhone photos, videos, and files on your Chromebook. All of this is done locally, so no data is sent to cloud servers.
Final remarks: How to Integrate iPhone with Windows PC or Chromebook
I hope you understand this article, How to Integrate iPhone with Windows PC or Chromebook. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.