This tutorial is about How to Pair a PS5 DualSense controller to Windows PC. Recently I updated this tutorial and will try my best so that you understand this guide. I hope you guys like this blog, How to Pair a PS5 DualSense controller to Windows PC. If your answer is yes after reading the article, please share this article with your friends and family to support us.
Check How to Pair a PS5 DualSense controller to Windows PC
If you’ve always wanted to use a PS5 DualSense controller on a PC to play your favorite games, it’s relatively easy to do. While the benefits of using the mouse and keyboard are clear, especially with FPS gaming, there are some genres that just work better with a controller, and the Sony pad is a great option. One of the best controllers for PC, the PS5 DualSense controller feels great in the hand and is nice when you can get a little more miles out of your gamepads. It’s also good to play some PC games with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard, especially if you have your equipment set up in your living room.
The controller works both wired and wireless if your PC supports Bluetooth, and you will need a USB-C to USB-A cable if you want to use the wired controller. If your PC has a USB-C input, you can also use a USB-C to USB-C cable.
Connect your PS5 DualSense controller to your PC
Get the Steam Beta client
First, you need to have the Steam beta client loaded instead of the default Steam client. The default client can configure basic inputs for DualSense, but it is time consuming and not as straightforward as the new beta client compatibility feature. So, this is how you get the Steam beta client.
- On Steam, go to the “Settings” menu under the Steam drop-down menu at the top left of the screen.
- Click on “Account” if it is not already selected.
- Click “Change …” in Beta Participation.
- Select “Steam Beta Update”.
- Click OK. “
- Restart Steam.
Pair the DualSense controller with your PC
Now you need to pair the DualSense with your PC via Bluetooth. It’s another simple process (assuming your PC has Bluetooth – if it doesn’t, consider purchasing a low-cost Bluetooth USB adapter).
- Open the system tray in the lower-right corner of the screen (the arrow pointing up to the left of the time).
- Double click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Click “Add Bluetooth or other device”.
- Click on “Bluetooth”.
- Put the DualSense into pairing mode by holding down the PlayStation and Share buttons until the lights blink blue (these are the PlayStation logo and the small button to the left of the trackpad with the | / symbol).
- Select “Wireless Controller”.
Configure DualSense Controller
You have downloaded the Steam beta client. You have connected the DualSense to Steam via Bluetooth or a wired connection. Now is the time to configure them to work together.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on Steam.
- Click on “Driver”.
- Click “General Driver Settings”.
- Check the “PlayStation Setup Support” box in the Big Picture window that opens.
If everything is working, the list of Detected Controllers should say “PlayStation 5 Controller: PlayStation 5 Controller”. This means that the DualSense is paired and Steam games will treat the controller as a compatible input device. You can test this by using the gamepad to navigate in Steam’s Big Picture mode. In Big Picture mode, you can modify the DualSense controls by pressing the PlayStation button to launch the game controller menu. This allows you to individually adjust the inputs for each game you play.
Final remarks: How to Pair a PS5 DualSense controller to Windows PC
I hope you understand this article, How to Pair a PS5 DualSense controller to Windows PC. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section related to this article. And if your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to give us your support.