- The ChatGPT error OAuthCallback appears when the Open Authorization process can’t access user-owned resources.
- The error can occur due to interference from the browser cache file and extensions.
- Clearing the ChatGPT cache and contacting the OpenAI support service can help fix the error.
- Easy migration: use the Opera assistant to transfer exiting data, such as bookmarks, passwords, etc.
- Optimize resource usage: your RAM memory is used more efficiently than in other browsers
- Enhanced privacy: free and unlimited VPN integrated
- No ads: built-in Ad Blocker speeds up loading of pages and protects against data-mining
- Gaming friendly: Opera GX is the first and best browser for gaming
- Download Opera
ChatGPT has been making a lot of progress and waves, considering the number of user responses it’s getting. It is adding new features from time to time and improving its performance. However, the ChatGPT error OAuthCallback is one of the few problems users still run into on the platform.
What is ChatGPT error OAuthCallback?
Running into the OAuthCallback error occurs during logins, preventing users from accessing the platform. OAuthcallback is an authentication procedure that users undergo to receive permission to access their resources.
Furthermore, the OAuthCallback error in ChatGPT means that there’s a problem in the OAuth flow itself, prompting the error after coming back from the provider. Likewise, it indicates the OAuth (Open Authorization) protocol can’t access user-owned resources.
However, the ChatGPT error OAuthcallback can occur for some reasons. Some are:
- ChatGPT cache files – ChatGPT stores temporary data in a folder on the app to aid its processing and improve its performance. However, these files can become old or sometimes corrupt, causing issues with the activities of ChatGPT and can result in the OAuthCallback error.
- Interference with browser plug-ins and extensions – Some extensions and plugins on your browser can cause issues with your web apps. They can interfere with how ChatGPT works and impede its functionality. Also, some plugins can conflict with the OpenAI protocol, causing issues with the OAuth (Open Authorization) protocol accessing user credentials.
- Technical issues with ChatGPT – Users can run into many errors due to technical issues like server downtime, IP blockage, and others. It can interfere with the OAuth process when logging in. Also, it may cause an error occurred message on ChatGPT, preventing you from using it.
Other factors not highlighted above may be responsible for the ChatGPT OAuthCallback error. Regardless, we’ll take you through some basic steps to fix the error.
How do I fix the ChatGPT error OAuthCallback?
Before proceeding with any advanced troubleshooting steps, we recommend you try the following preliminary checks:
- Fix network congestion on your PC.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode and check if the error persists.
- Login From A Different browser – The browser you’re using may be outdated or incompatible with your web app. So, we recommend you switch to another browser and check if the ChatGPT runs into any more errors.
If you can’t fix the error, proceed with the solutions below:
1. Clear ChatGPT Cache
- Launch Chrome browser on your PC. Tap three dots in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Tap on Privacy and Security and choose Cookies and Other Site Data.
- Scroll down and click on See All Site Data and Permissions.
- Now search openai in the search bar and click Enter.
- Select the Delete icon and choose Clear.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
Clearing the site data will delete the caches and cookies in the site’s database and resolve issues causing the ChatGPT OAuthCallback error.
2. Clear your browser’s Cache and Cookies
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC, then click three dots in the top-right corner to open the Menu. Click on More tools, then Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range as All time option to delete everything. Check the boxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, then click Clear data.
- Restart the Chrome browser and check if the ChatGPT OAuthCallback error appears.
Clearing browser caches and cookies will delete the old and corrupt files interfering with ChatGPT activities.
3. Disable Chrome Extensions
- Launch Google Chrome on your PC, then click three dots in the top-right corner to open the Menu. Navigate to More tools and then click on Extensions.
- Disable your extensions by toggling off the switch for each.
- Refresh your browser and check if the error persists.
Disabling the extensions on your browser will fix any interference causing the ChatGPT error. You can check our guide on how to backup Google Chrome extensions on your PC.
4. Contact OpenAI Support
- Visit the OpenAI contact page on your browser.
- Click the message icon in the bottom-right corner and tap the Send us a message button.
- Type in your complaint and send it.
Provide as much information about the error as possible to help them reply with the best solution. Wait until you get a reply from the support service.
Our readers can check our guide about ChatGPT Failed to Refresh Auth Token 403 Forbidden error and how to fix it.
Further, readers can check our article about fixing ChatGPT’s too many redirect errors on their PCs. Also, we have a detailed guide on ChatGPT Error Code 1020 and how to fix it.
Should you have further questions or suggestions on this guide, kindly drop them in the comments below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven’t solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.
Start a conversation