This blog is about the How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar. I will try my best so that you understand this guide very well. I hope you all like this blog How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar. If your answer is yes then please do share.
The How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar
You are probably downloading a lot more to your computer than you think. From saving photos from a recent image search to downloading a game on Steam, your productivity throughout the day depends on maintaining a fast and consistent download speed. Slow download speed can cause serious problems when trying to stream a movie on Netflix or even just browse the web. Keeping an eye on your download and upload speeds in Windows is a great way to ensure that your ISP is providing a stable internet connection without random slowdowns. We are so dependent on the Internet that when our download speeds drop below their standard level, our entire computer feels sluggish.
Keeping your download speeds high is a great way to speed up Windows 10, and luckily there is a way to keep up with your upload and download speeds without having to stray from what you’re doing. Although it is not native to Windows 10, you can show your download speed in the taskbar through some great third-party apps. We recommend that you use Net Speed Monitor, a reliable and free tool that makes it easy to track your speeds. Let’s see how to configure it.
Net Speed Monitor Download and Installation Guide
The only thing to note about Net Speed Monitor is that it is a bit outdated. Still, it’s a great tool that works on Windows 10 even though it was technically designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
You will need to run the installer in compatibility mode to make it work. Speaking of which, here are the steps to download and install this app:
- Click the following (safe) link to download Net Speed Monitor for free.
- Select Download Now. Select x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit). If you are not sure, right click on This PC app on your Windows 10 computer and it will show the information.
- When you try to open the downloaded file, an error appears. This is because it is an older software tool for older operating systems. Either way, find the installer file and right click on it.
- Select Properties and go to the Compatibility section.
- Select Run this program in compatibility mode for the previous version of Windows.
- Confirm with OK.
- Run the installation file again. It should start the setup normally this time. Follow the on-screen instructions until the setup is complete.
- Once setup is complete, you will not yet see the download speed in the taskbar.
How to activate Net Speed Monitor on Windows 10
You must enable Net Speed Monitor in your taskbar for it to work. Follow the steps:
- Right click on the Windows 10 taskbar.
- Choose Toolbars from the drop-down menu (the first option at the top).
- Click on Net Speed Monitor to activate it.
- You will be taken to a welcome screen for Net Speed Monitor. Select the preferred language and click Save to confirm. You don’t need to mess around with the other options as they are all defined.
When you’re done, you’ll be able to see your current upload and download speeds in the taskbar. The download is marked as D and the download as U. The displayed values are in Kbps (kilobits per second). Here’s what it should look like:
Tips for Net Speed Monitor
Most people will find the kilobit display confusing. But you can easily change the unit to megabits (Mbit / s). Here’s how:
- Right click on Net Speed Monitor on your taskbar.
- Click on Configuration.
- Open the drop-down menu next to Bitrate and choose Mbit / s.
- Confirm the change with Apply. Here’s what it should look like:
Additionally, you can also use MB / s (megabyte per second) if you want.
Finally, you can even use Net Speed Monitor to track your data usage. You just need to right click on Net Speed Monitor on the taskbar and select Data Traffic. This can be useful for internet users with limited data plans.
Always know your internet speed
Here. Knowing your internet download and upload speed on Windows 10 is not at all difficult. It’s a shame that there isn’t a native option for this. Hopefully Microsoft will implement it one day. Until then, you can use Net Speed Monitor to your advantage.
Are you happy with your download or upload speed? Unfortunately, most of the time internet speed depends on your ISP. If you are not satisfied, consider upgrading your package or changing the ISP.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Benefits: How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar
- The How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar guide is free to read.
- We help many internet users follow up with interest in a convenient manner.
- The price of the How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar guide is free.
FAQ: How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar
In this guide, I told you about the How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar.
In this blogging guide, we discuss about the How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar, which is very helpful for knowledge fun fact purpose.
Blog Conclusion: How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar
If you have any queries regards this blog about the How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar, then please ask us through the comment section below or directly contact us.
Knowledge: This blog is just for knowledge purposes.
Misinformation: If you want to correct any misinformation about t
his blog or want to update it “How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar”, then kindly contact us.
Want to add more tips: If anyone wants to add more tips related to this blog How to Show Download Speed on Windows 10 PC Taskbar, then kindly contact us.
Our Contact: Kindly use our contact page regards any help.