Create 3D models with your smartphone
November 25, 2022
Are you interested in photography and 3D object modeling? Polycam for Android is an app that lets you create high-quality 3D models from image sequences of the photographed object. You can then share them with the rest of the community or see what 3D models have been created around the world.
- It lets you take photos and convert them into 3D models by means of photogrammetry.
- The app is capable of generating 3D assets ready for use in other graphics apps.
- It supports various data formats and drawings: obj, .dae, .fbx, .stl, .gltf, dxf, .ply, .las, .xyz, .pts, .png, and .dae.
- It works as an online community so you can share 3D models and see the models posted by other users.
- The community includes a search engine, as well as listings of ‘recent’, ‘trending’, and ‘popular’ 3D models to spend hours scrolling through.
If you have an Android device with at least 2GB of RAM and are interested in 3D modeling, join the Polycam community, and get started creating 3D models. Start with small challenges with cups, candles, and small objects, and learn more and more.
Requirements and additional information:
- Minimum operating system requirements: Android 8.0.
- Offers in-app purchases.
Hi, I’m Lauriane Guilloux. I grew up surrounded by gadgets and technology and everyone who knows me assumes that it will always be one of my greatest interests. I’ve evolved hand-in-hand with PCs, laptops, video gaming consoles, smartphones,…