If you are an RPA Developer with a strategic understanding of tools, processes, and utilization of technology and looking for RPA UiPath Interview Questions and Answers for Experienced & Freshers, you are at the right place. According to research, RPA has a market share of about 7.3%. So, you still have opportunities to move ahead in your career and get RPA certification. We have collected a list of RPA Interview Questions that will help you in cracking your RPA interviews & acquiring your dream career as an RPA Developer.
If you plan to give an interview for an RPA-centric role, here is a comprehensive list of the most popular RPA UiPath interview questions. I have put myself in your shoes and most of the answers in this blog are written in the first person – a person who is a potential RPA expert.
For your better understanding, I have divided this article into the following categories:
RPA Interview Questions and Answers in 2023 | UiPath Interview Questions | Edureka
If you have attended RPA interviews or have any additional RPA UiPath interview questions you would like us to answer, please do mention them in the comments section below.
Top RPA UiPath Interview Questions
These are the top RPA UiPath interview questions you might face in any RPA job interview:
RPA UiPath Interview Questions: General RPA Questions
Q1. What is the RPA – Robotic Process Automation?
Robotic Process Automation
|Robotic||Machines that mimic human actions are called Robots.|
|Process||The sequence of steps which lead to a meaningful activity. For example the process of making tea etc.|
|Automation||Any process which is done by a robot without human intervention.|
To sum it up, mimicking human actions to perform a sequence of steps that lead to meaningful activity, without any human intervention is known as Robotic Process Automation.
Now, this is the most generic question asked in RPA Interview Questions. Now let’s move forward and see the benefits of it.
Q2. What are the benefits of using RPA?
The benefits of RPA are as follows:
- It Saves Cost: Since it can automate almost all manual and repetitive tasks, you can reduce the size of your workforce and hence reduce costs.
- More Accurate in Lesser Time: To err is human, but computers or machines don’t commit any mistakes, they do exactly as they are told and hence are more accurate.
- Easy to Implement and learn: As earlier stated, there is no coding required. Any automation can be created using a simple drag and drop.
- No Coding Required!: RPA can be implemented to automate any repetitive process which is done on a computer. This process can be related to any desktop tool or web application, if the process is repetitive it can be automated, that too with minimum coding required.
Q3. List down the different types of RPA tools.
|Type of RPA Tools||Description|
|Excel automation and Macros||Simple automation solutions to automate basic processes.|
|Programmable Solution bots||Interact with other systems based on the client’s requirements /inputs.|
|Self Learning Tools||Analyze human actions and perform the same on various platforms|
|Cognitive automation bots||Self-learning bots which can handle unstructured data, and make decisions based on complex, unstructured input.|
Q4. Can you list down a few RPA challenges you must have faced during your projects?
The following could be the most common challenges you could have faced during your projects:
- Shortage of skilled resources
- Challenge in automating end to end use cases
- Lack of required support from Business
- Lack of proper team structure
- Vaguely defined Business continuity plans
- Culture shock
- Incorrectly identified use-cases for automation
- Not following best practices
- Not enough support from the RPA platform vendor
- Post-Implementation Adoption
Q5. Mention the different tools popular in the RPA market.
The different RPA tools used in today’s market are as follows:
- Blue Prism
- Automation Anywhere
- NICE Systems
- Visual Cron
- Ant Works
- Another Monday
Q6. What are the factors you must look for in RPA software?
The factors to look for in RPA software are as follows:
- Simple: Enterprises should make sure that their products are simple and are easy to learn and implement.
- Speed: The software should be able to design and test new processes to optimize the bots to work quickly.
- Scalability: The chosen RPA software should be able to scale rapidly and also be centrally managed.
- Intelligence: Software should be able to support simple task-based activities, to perform data manipulations.
- Reliable: Tool should have built-in monitoring and support systems to monitor the health of systems.
- Enterprise-Class: The software should satisfy the company’s need, by providing scalability, reliability also.
Q7. What is the difference between UiPath vs BluePrism vs Automation Anywhere?
|UiPath||Blue Prism||Automation Anywhere|
|Offers Community Edition / Free Edition||Recently launched a Community Edition||Recently launched a Community Edition|
|Most Popular Tool||Popular than Automation Anywhere||Less Popular than others|
|Doesn’t require coding||It has a functionality that allows the user to write code, but users can manage without it.||It doesn’t require programming knowledge as you have activities to use for each and every functionality.|
|Has free online training and certification programs||Provides official certification program||Recently launched a certification of 50$.|
|Provides desktop, web and Citrix automation||Designed for Citrix automation for BPO.||Reasonable across all mediums.|
Q8. What are the characteristics of RPA?
- Code Free: RPA doesn’t require programming skills. Employees with any subject expertise can be trained to automate RPA tools instantly. The whole work revolves around RPA chart which provides a flowchart designer to graphically link, drag and drop icons to represent steps in a process.
- User-Friendly: RPA adoption originates within business operations rather inside IT departments. RPA projects require less IT skills and less investment. Eventually, the automation is lowered at a substantial rate.
- Non- Disruptive: RPA avoids complexity and risk. The software robots access to end user’s systems via a controlled user interface, hence reducing the necessity of underlying systems programming.
Q9. What are the important Phases of the RPA Life Cycle?
Phases of RPA Life Cycle:
- Analysis: The first phase in RPA begins with analysis. The business team and RPA Architect work together to understand a business process for RPA development.
- Bot Development: RPA developer (Team) starts working on the requirement in their environment possibly a distinct development environment.
- Testing: Some companies conduct Testing by Separate Testing Team, while some have a dedicated testing team that performs a dedicated QA like normal SDLC flow. Best Practice is to have a dedicated testing team that performs QA of a developed bot.
- Deployment and Maintenance: After the Development and Testing phases, a bot is ready for distribution and enters the maintenance phase.
Q10. Can you mention the steps of how to get started with RPA?
As you can see in the below image, to get started with RPA, you need to follow the below steps.
- Step 1: Before you actually start using RPA, you need to know the history behind RPA. That is, learning all about the Traditional ways of Automation.
- Step 2: Once you know the history behind RPA, you should understand What is RPA and learn in which sectors it can be used.
- Step 3: Once, you get through all the basics of Robotic Process Automation, you can start automating your tasks. To automate tasks you have to first understand its workflow and know which repetitive task can be automated.
- Step 4: Lastly, you need to gain extensive expertise in RPA Tools such as UiPath, Blue Prism & Automation Anywhere.
Q11. How is a chatbot different from robotic process automation?
The difference between a chatbot and an RPA engine is similar to a difference between a mouse and a mammoth. By the names,
ChatBot – A bot programmed to chat with a user (human) like a human. Possibly recommend a pre-learned resolution to a particular problem that the user faces or to make a request and instruct backend systems to provide a request.
RPA (Robotic Process Automation) – A bot programmed to automate a manual business process of executing a task or an activity within a business function. A business function can be like HR/Finance/Procurement etc. A chatbot can be a medium to feed an input into an RPA engine but cannot replicate the features of an RPA engine.
Q12. What is the difference between traditional / IT automation and RPA?
- Traditional IT Automation is long drawn and requires considerable manpower, time, effort and substantial cost.
- RPA is a quick fix to instantly generate improvements.
- Both traditional automation and RPA need solid strategy and planning but the implementation of RPA is quick.
- While both are aimed towards the common goal of Automation, RPA is faster, better and cheaper than traditional automation. Therefore Traditional Automation is a strategic move and RPA is a tactical move.
- In short, if you have the luxury of having time and budget, look for traditional automation. If you have business pressures right now on time and money, go for RPA.
Q13. How long does it take to establish the Operational Agility framework?
The average time to establish the initial Operational Agility framework is between 4 and 12 weeks from project initiation.
Q14. What is the difference between UiPath and Selenium?
Selenium is specifically designed to test web applications and websites, it is impossible in selenium to interact with multiple applications and taking the output of one application as an input for other applications. It cannot work with Virtual environments like Citrix etc at all. While UiPath is an RPA tool that is designed to automate any type of existing software process to replace any type of activities that can be performed by a human.
So we can say that RPA is the next level of existing automation tools. It allows people to build a very complex rules-based process with very little software development skills. You can do all things using UiPath which can be done by Selenium but vice-versa is not possible. You can also look at my below articles for more details on these tools.
Q15. What are the general requirements of RPA for front and back-office processing?
Well, the fact is RPA is well-known for its flexibility and it is capable to meet the robust IT standards without compromising the security. It is possible to use the robotic software for front and back office. Most of the requirements are the same for both and thus users need not worry. The same configuration can easily be deployed and the results that can be derived are always superior in every aspect.
Q16. During the planning phase of automation, what points are to be considered on priority?
After selecting the tool which is the first task, the next big thing that matters a lot is selecting the right framework. There are various items that are tagged as In scope and Out Scope that need to be selected based on the type of task. After this, the test environment is to be con
sidered. If required, users need to prepare the charts of project timelines. At the same time, the identification of deliverables is another major factor that is to be considered.
Q17. What do you by mean by the term Information Collection in RPA?
In RPA, robots need raw data or information to perform their operations smoothly and reliably. They generally collect this information from different resources and it is also possible that the same can be provided to them manually.
Q18. With RPA, is it always necessary that an organization that needs to adopt this approach have to change its entire infrastructure? Why or why not?
It is not always necessary to adopt RPA everything needs to be changed in an organization. In fact, it can easily be made compatible with the existing infrastructure. This is mainly due to the fact that the latest robotic software and tools in RPA don’t face any compatibility issues easily and can simply enable the organizations to keep up the pace.
Q19. How can you say that Robotic Process Automation is a secure and reliable approach?
At several levels, the same is built in the RPA. The good thing is with all the vendors, run time factor is totally different to the process which is related to the editing of anything. It is not necessary that all the users are given the same actions but in fact, they can be restricted. This generally includes creating, designing, running, as well as editing the processes. Every log created is capable to provide full information with a wide scope. As compared to a manual process, RPA provides extra control, as well as security.
Q20. Is Robotic Automation like screen scraping or macros?
No, managerial Robotic Automation is a generation from old technologies like screen scratching or macros. The major differences are: Robots are universal application orchestrators – any application that can be used by a man can be used by a present-day robot, whether mainframe, bespoke application, legacy, web service enabled or even a close 3rd party API hosted service. Robots assemble procedural knowledge which after some time joins with a shared library that can be re-used by some other robot or device.
Applications are “read” by the robot, either through submitted APIs where they exist, through the OS before application appears, or through the screen with respect to the native application. In this last case the modern robot “reads” an application screen in context and in the same way a user does. As part of the robot training, it is shown how to read the application’s display much like a user is shown.
Q21. What is the difference between thin client and thick client?
- Thin client: It is an application that we cannot get the quality properties while spying using any RPA tool.e.g. Any virtual environment.
- Thick client: It is an application that we get a pretty handful of attribute features using RPA tool e.g. calculator, Internet Explorer
Q22. What is the difference between Mainframe and Non-Mainframe Applications?
- It’s a single screen and keyboard-based application.
- There are separate set in-built commands supported by Blue Prism especially for mainframe applications
- It includes multiple screens
- Control moves from one screen to another screen.
Q23. What are the session variables?
Session Variables are particular to that instance of the Process. If 2 instances of the same process are continuing at the same time, they both have the same session variables, but the session variables’ values will be different.
Q24. Mention the applications of Robotic Process Automation
Few of the applications of robotic process automation are as follows:
- Data extraction: All enterprises need to record their transactions in journals so that they can be used for future processes. Over her instead of the manual workforce and having a question always in mind whether the transaction is stored correctly or not, a robot can be used to gather and consolidate transactions.
- Performing Financial Close & Reporting: The tedious process of posting data from various sources to sub-ledgers of a company to create and deliver financial filings can be easily handled through RPA.
- Getting reports about Market: Organizations may need to get the report of the market situation on some parameters on a daily basis, to compete with their competitors. A robot can be put into this job, to deliver a full report of the market on time.
- Processing of Exception Orders: It is often observed that sales orders hold the price for a number of days. In such situations, a robot can do a price check of that particular product and verify the current price with the held price.
- Maintaining customer data: In an enterprise, many customers may get connected to the business on a daily basis. Now, every company needs to maintain the data of each and every customer. If a person does it, then it may take longer than a robot. But, if a robot does this task, then data can be periodically validated and updated.
Q25. What are the few key points you must consider while selecting RPA tools
The following are a few parameters that you need to consider while selecting an RPA tool.
- Platform Independent: Many organizations perform their day to day tasks outside the local desktop using Citrix or Virtual machines. So the tool must be platform-independent and should support any type of application.
- Ease of Use & Control: RPA tool that you choose must be user-friendly, to increase efficiency and user satisfaction. Also, the tool that you choose should need less training and have better control.
- Secure: Any automation workflow that you make should be secure to protect your data. So, you need to make sure that your tool is secure enough to protect your data.
- Scalability: While selecting the RPA tool, you must consider how quickly and easily the tool can respond to business requirements, changes, exceptions or increasing operations.
- Total Cost of Ownership: The total cost for RPA includes the initial setup cost of the RPA system, ongoing vendor license fees, and maintenance cost. All these costs must be considered when you wish to select a tool for your job to be done.
- Vendor Experience: You should choose a vendor that serves a company similar to yours both in terms of size and industry. Such kind of experience drastically improves the spee
d of implementation by reducing the work required to implement RPA software.
- Maintenance & Support: The RPA tool that you choose must provide good maintenance and 24*7 support forums so that you can solve any query that you get.
- Quick Deployment: The tool should be able to help as a real end-user by interacting with applications at the presentation layer, using the screens, validation, and business rules as they are presented via a virtual desktop.
- Reliability: The tool must be able to perform any kind of automation that you wish to, and should be able to satisfy your company’s needs.
Find out our RPA with UiPath Certification Course in Top Cities
RPA UiPath Interview Questions: Basic UiPath Questions
Q1. How to convert string to integer in UiPath?
To convert a string to integer in UiPath, you can use the method: Convert.ToInt32(String variable_name)
String sampleage= 45
int convertedage = Convert.ToInt32(sampleage)
Q2. Mention the steps to convert the output string variable into the Output data table
To convert the output string variable to the output data table, you can use the Generate Data table activity as follows:
- Drag the Generate data table activity from the Activity pane.
- Go to the properties section and assign an input variable as String output.
- Then, mention the output data table in the variable
- You will see that the string values are assigned to the data table variable
Q3. What is the Computer Vision activity used for?
Sicne the automation of virtual desktop infrastructure environment is a complex task, the Computer AI Vision activity of UiPath has been recently introduced to directly identify the streamed images.
Q4. What is Project Debugging in UiPath?
Debugging is the process of identifying and removing errors from a given project. Coupled with logging, it becomes a powerful functionality that offers you information about your project and step-by-step highlighting, so that you can be sure that it is error-free. Logging enables you to display details about what is happening in your project in the Output panel. This, in turn, makes it easier for you to debug automation. Breakpoints enable you to pause the execution of a project so that you can check its state at a given point.
Q5. What do you understand by Append Range in UiPath?
The append range in UiPath is used to edit or insert data into an existing workbook. Also, whenever the new data is appended into a file, the existing data will not be overwritten.
Q6. In UiPath studio, which recorder is suitable for Virtual Environment Automation?
The recorder which is suitable for virtual environment automation is Citrix Recorder.
Q7. How can we identify a Column in a database in UiPath Studio?
We can identify a Column by:
- Using a Column Index
- Using a Column Name
Q8. Which activities can be used to iterate through an array in UiPath Studio?
Following are the activities that can be used to iterate through an array in UiPath Studio
- For each Activity
- While Activity
Q9. If we scrape some text and we know it contains only digits, how can we make the scrape better?
By using Google OCR with “Numbers Option” only.
Q10. Is it possible to create a variable without the activity of the designer pane?
No, it is not possible as you need to create an activity at least once.
Q11. Is it possible to click a button using the Click Image Activity if it’s not visible to the human eye?
No, this is only possible with Selectors.
Q12. Mention the usage of PGP
PGP is used to DECRYPT and ENCRYPT the file by assigning the PASSPHRASE.
Q13. How can you get a value from an application, if it changes for each transaction?
This could be done by finding a static element and then use Scrape Relative functionality to extract the value.
Q14. What does the Accuracy property represent in the Click image activity?
It is a unit of measurement from O to 1 which expresses the minimum similarity between the image you are searching for and the one to be found.
Q15. Mention the usage of Element exists
The Element exists is used to identify whether the UI element is present or not during the execution.
Q16. What do you understand by UiPath?
Similar to programming knowledge, variables are used as naming convention to store one or more values.
Q17. In UiPath studio, how elements are recognized on screen?
They can be recognized through the attributes of UI elements.
Q18. What do you understand by Value and Scope in UiPath?
As all of us know, variable are used to store information. The value and scope are used to define which variable will store which values, and under which activity must the variable be active.
Q19. What does Publishing mean in UiPath Automation Studio?
Publishing of the automation package indicates archiving it and the related files present in particular folder for sending it to robots and then executing it. When you will be connected to the orchestrator then the project will go to the orchestrator field and then it will be displayed on packages page. And from this place, you can easily distribute them to the other robots after you assign some packages to the environment. Otherwise, it will get stored locally in the Studio feed.
Q20. Mention the different ways to create a variable in UiPath.
The different ways to create a variable in UiPath is as follows:
- Properties Pane -> Output Section -> Either right-click on mouse and choose Create variable / Press on CTRL + K
- Control Bar-> Choose Variables Tab -> Create a variable
- Select Create Variable from Ribbon Tab
RPA UiPath Interview Questions: Intermediate UiPath Questions
Q1. What is a single block activity in UiPath?
Single Block Activity is the smallest type of project which is mainly called as Sequence. They are suitable for linear processes as they enable you to go from one activity to another seamlessly, and act as a single
block activity. They can be reused time and again, as a standalone automation or as part of a state machine or flowchart.
Q2. What are Control Flow Activities in UiPath?
Control Flow is a concept borrowed from computer science that refers to the order in which actions are performed in automation. A proper Control Flow can be achieved through the intelligent use of variables and activities.
Q3. What is the Assign Activity in UiPath?
The Assign activity is an important activity that is going to be used quite often, as it enables you to assign a value to a variable. You can use an Assign activity to increment the value of a variable in a loop, sum up the value of two or more variables and assign the result to another variable, assign values to an array and so on. By default, this activity is also included in the Favorites group. To remove it, right-click it and select Remove.
Q4. What is the Delay Activity in UiPath?
The Delay activity enables you to pause the automation for a custom period of time (in the hh : mm: ss format). This activity proves itself quite useful in projects that require good timing, such as waiting for a specific application to start or waiting for some information to be processed so that you can use it in another activity.
Q5. What is the Do While Activity in UiPath?
The Do While activity enables you to execute a specified part of your automation while a condition is met. When the specified condition is no longer met, the project exits the loop. This type of activity can be useful to step through all the elements of an array or execute a particular activity multiple times. You can increment counters to browse through array indices or step through a list of items.
Q6. What is the If Activity in UiPath?
The If activity contains a statement and two conditions. The first condition is executed if the statement is true, while the second one (the activity in the Else section) is executed if the statement is false. If activities can be useful to make decisions based on the value of variables.
Q7. What is the Switch Activity in UiPath?
The Switch activity enables you to select one choice out of multiple, based on the value of a specified expression. By default, the Switch activity uses the integer argument, but you can change it from the Properties panel, from the TypeArgument list. The Switch activity can be useful to categorize data according to a custom number of cases. For example, you can use it to store data into multiple spreadsheets or sort through names of employees.
Q8. What is the For Each Activity in UiPath?
For Each activity enables you to step through arrays, lists, data tables or other types of collections so that you can iterate through the data and process each piece of information individually.
Q9. What is the Break Activity in UiPath?
The Break activity enables you to stop the loop at a chosen point and then continue with the next activity.
Q10. What is the While Activity in UiPath?
While activity enables you to execute a specific process repeatedly, while a specific condition is met. The main difference between this and the Do While activity is that, in the first one, the condition is evaluated before the body of the loop is executed. This type of activity can be useful to step through all the elements of an array or execute a particular activity multiple times. You can increment counters to browse through array indices or step through a list of items.
Q11. What do you understand by Selectors and Wildcards in UiPath?
Similar to that in SQL, wildcards are symbols which enable you to replace 0/ more characters in a string. They are mostly used while dynamically changing attributes in a selector.
The following wildcards are used:
- Asterisk (*) – replaces zero or more characters
- Question mark (?) – replaces a single character
Selectors are used to store the attributes of a GUI element and its parents, in the shape of an XML fragment.
Q12. What is System Administrator in UiPath Orchestrator?
The default host admin which is created while installing UiPath Orchestrator is the System Administrator. The host admin or most commonly known as the system administrator has the right to create new tenants, audit password change, create, update, delete actions on settings, and change application settings. The profile page enables the host admins to change their information and password along with viewing the last login attempts. Not only this, but the admin can enable or disable a tenant at any point.
Q13. How do you activate UiPath Studio license?
- Click the Activate License The UiPath Registration window is displayed.
- Fill in the Email Address field with your email address.
- Fill in the License Key field with the license key you received.
- Select the Automatic activation
- Click the Activate Your UiPath license is now activated and you can start creating automation workflows.
Q14. What is state machine in UiPath?
A State Machine is a type of automation that uses a finite number of states in its execution. It can go into a state when it is triggered by an activity, and it exits that state when another activity is triggered. They also enable us to add conditions based on which to jump from one state to another. These are represented by arrows or branches between states.
Q15. How do you install chrome Extension for UiPath Studio?
From UiPath Studio
- In the Setup ribbon tab, from the Setup Extensions menu, select Chrome. The Chrome Web Store is opened in Google Chrome.
- Click the Add to Chrome A confirmation dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Add extension The extension is now installed.
Note: Generally by default extension is off.
Q16. How to import Namespaces in UiPath?
To add new namespaces to your library:
- Open the Imports
- In the Enter or Select namespace field, start typing the namespace that interest you. Note that suggestions are provided while you type in case you are not exactly sure what you are looking for.
- Click the drop-down arrow to view and browse all available namespaces.
- Select the desired namespace. The namespace is added to the Imported Namespaces. To remove a namespace, select it and press Delete. Note that namespaces can only be deleted if they aren’t used. For example, you can delete a namespace if the assembly that contains it is no longer referenced by the project.
Q17. What are the steps to get the desired package in UiPath studio if it is not available in the Package Manager?
The steps you must follow are as follows:
- Go to this proxy site to get the packages. This will list all the packages with their URLs and latest versions.
- Next, go to the URL followed by the package name and download it to local drive.
- Then open UiPath package Manager and right-click on any of the nodes like Installed->All.. , Available-> All..
- Configure Sources will pop up, point that to the directory where package is downloaded in the local. This will display all the downloaded packages on the UiPath package manager.
Now go ahead and follow the normal process to install the package from the UiPath package manager.
Q18. What are the differences between Basic and Desktop recording?
|Basic Recording||Desktop Recording|
|Generates a full selector for each and every activity||Generates partial selector on each activity|
|Comparatively slower than Desktop recorder||Quick than Basic recorder|
|Does not generate container for each activity||Generates container for each activity|
|Suitable for a single activity||Suitable for multiple activities|
Q19. What are the Arguments in UiPath?
Arguments are used to pass data from a project to another. In a global sense, they resemble variables, as they store data dynamically and pass it on. Variables pass data between activities, while arguments pass data between automation. As a result, they enable you to reuse automation time and again.UiPath Studio supports a large number of argument types, which coincide with the types of variables.
Therefore, you can create Generic Value, String, Boolean, Object, Array, or DataTable arguments and you can also browse for .NET types, just as you do in the case of variables. Additionally, arguments have specific directions (In, Out, In/Out, Property) that tell the application where the information stored in them is supposed to go.
Q20. What is tracing and how do you enable tracing in UiPath?
By default, UiPath generates log files that track the activity of Studio and the Robots. These logs can be accessed from the Execute ribbon tab, by clicking the Open Logs button.
For complex issues, more details about your automation are needed. To gather them, tracing must be enabled.
In UiPath Studio, tracing generates a .etl file. It contains binary log data at the trace level, such as disk accesses or page faults, and is used to log high-frequency events while tracking the performance of an operating system.
RPA UiPath Interview Questions: Advance UiPath Questions
Q1. Can UiPath run multiple instances of the same process with one robot in one system simultaneously?
Yes, it can run the same program simultaneously in two robots where each system is registered as one robot. On a machine with a Windows Server (2008 R2 or 2012 R2 or 2016) operating system:
- You can run the same process with all Robots at the same time;
- You can run different processes with all Robots at the same time.
These are called High-density robots.
Q2. How do you expand a Tree View structure in a web page using UiPath?
If you are talking about expanding the root node for a collapsed tree, you probably would use Click Image since that would likely be unique. If you are trying to expand a particular node, you’d likely use Click Text, and give it a certain negative X offset in the Position property so that when it targets the text you want to expand the node for, it will end up clicking on the +.
Q3. How will you price an RDA project to a customer?
First, we will identify the scope of the automation like:
- How the business process flows.
- How many applications are involved?
- How complex the interactions between these applications.
Once we know all these then we will work out the number of bots to be deployed and estimate the cost for each bot to develop and deploy. This is how we do at a high level. Usually based on the complexity involved the project may go anywhere between 6–12 months.
Q4. When would you choose System Integration over RPA?
I would prefer system integration if the return on investment (ROI) is better than deploying RPA. But you will find only a few projects which will have that scenario.
If you are working in the local environment and have similar kinds of platforms/software, try for system integration. System Integration will mostly require full access to the back end scripts and the timeline for deploym
ent is most likely higher than RPA. If you are in back-office operations, then you may find multiple platforms like legacy, GUI, and web-based all being used together. This creates complexity to system integration.
On the other hand, RPA software is platform agnostic. They could be configured from the front end also with any kind of platform. The timeline is lesser and it’s easy to train or find RPA developers. Thus it’s a preferable choice to go with RPA.
Q5. How do I assess the processes for RPA and calculate FTE saves?
There are no hard and fast rules, but the following are some desirable attributes that your identified process should possess:
- High transaction volumes
- Manual data entry and/or extraction
- Multiple handling of the same data
- Disparate systems (especially legacy ones)
- Stable processes
Regarding the Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) savings, the concept is rather simple. You need to determine how long it takes for an employee to complete the transaction currently, and estimate the time it will take a bot to complete the same transaction. The time savings per transaction completed multiplied by the number of transactions will give you the figure you need.
Note the above is meant to be a quick back-of-the-envelope calculation of the FTE savings. Also, the challenge when calculating the FTE savings (prior to implementing RPA) lies in justifying and validating the assumptions you have made.
Q6. Consider a scenario where you have developed automation using the UiPath Community Edition. Now, let us say you want to move the deployed bots to the client environment. How will you achieve this?
In order to deploy your bots to the client environment, you have to use the UiPath Enterprise edition. Once, you have the enterprise edition, you can shift the code to the environment and publish it on to the licensed version of Orchestrator to execute the deployed bot.
Q7. How can you make the UiPath Robot as a REST endpoint, to start and manage the process?
Since the Robot API provided earlier by UiPath has been depreciated, you can now use UiPath Orchestrator services to use robots in web services.
Q8. What are the steps to connect robots to orchestrator in UiPath?
To connect the robots to orchestrator in UiPath, follow the below steps:
- Create a Robot in your Orchestrator.
- In the system tray, click the UiPath Robot icon. The UiPath Robot tray is displayed.
- Click the Options button and then select Settings. The UiPath Robot Settings window is displayed.
- In the Machine Key field, enter the key received from the user who created the Robot in Orchestrator.
- In the Orchestrator URL field, enter Orchestrator’s address, such as http://platform.uipath.com.
- Click OK. The Robot is now deployed to Orchestrator and has the available status. Each time a Robot is registered to Orchestrator, a Robot user is automatically created and is assigned the Robot role. (You can view it in the Users page.)
Q9. Can you mention how to pass variables in selectors in UiPath?
To pass variables in selectors you must pass the entire selector through a variable of String data type.
Q10. What are the steps to connect the database to UiPath and also read data?
You can follow the below steps to connect the database to UiPath.
- You first need to have Database activities package installed. You can install this package using the Package Manager.
- Now, you can use the “Connect” activity to set up a connection between UiPath studio and Database.
- Next, click the “Configure Connection” button to configure the connection.
- Select the required connection settings and do Test Connection. On successful test connection, click OK.
- Once the connection is established, use the “Execute Query” activity to write your required SQL query to read data.
RPA UiPath Interview Questions: Multiple Choice Questions
Q1. What are the alternatives for Get outlook messages activity in UiPath?
- Get SMTP messages
- Get IMAP messages
- Get POP3 messages
- Both b & c
Q2. What are the credentials required for using Computer vision activity?
- Server Url of the selected OCR engine
- API key of the selected OCR Engine
- Both a & b
- UiPath ID credentials
Q3. What is the initial step to create automation related to Excel?
- Drag Excel Application scope > required activity
- Read Range > required activity
- Required activity
- Get workbook
Q4. How many robots do we get in the UiPath community edition?
Q5. What is the difference between variable & argument?
- Both are same
- Can be used throughout the workflow
- Has same memory address
- Variable is the memory allocation of an assigned object whereas arguments are used to pass values into different workflows created by user
Q6. How can we use keyboard shortcuts during the automation process?
- Use Send Hotkey activity
- Manual attempt
- Using different activity to acquire end result
- Select item activity
Q7. Why do we use Try Catch Activity?
- For better readability
- To annotate your workflow
- Try catch activity performs set of functions in case error occurs
- To get fewer errors
Q8. Why Computer vision activity is used in virtual environments?
- Virtual environment & VDIs (Virtual Desktop infrastructure) streams images to a remote desktop with no metadata. Computer Vision activity id
entifies the UI elements of the streamed images.
- Computer Vision is used to extract text from documents.
- Computer vision is used to manipulate data from workbooks.
- Computer Vision is used to copy text from the clipboard.
Q9. How do you control your workflow through the UiPath orchestrator?
- Publish your project
- Convert to package
- Execute through robot
- Schedule your bot
Q10. Which type of recording is best suited for automation in local machine?
- Desktop Recording
- Screen Recording
- Basic Recording
- Citrix Recording
Q11. What are the components of the Debug tab?
- Highlight Elements
- Save as Template
- UI Explorer
Q12. What is the SMTP port number for Gmail?
Q13. Which template is used for large scale deployments?
- Orchestration Process
- Robotic Enterprise Framework
Q14. Which of the following is used to enable/disable sending anonymous usage data?
- UI Explorer
- UI Framework
Q15. How many retries does the Retry Scope activity have by default?
Q16. Which of the following data types can be stored as Assets?
- Both b and c
Q17. Which of the following activities is linked with the Stop command in UiPath Orchestrator?
- Debug Activity
- Should Stop Activity
- Should Start Activity
- Highlight Elements
Q18. Which of the following option is used to stop a running process?
Q19. Which of the following activities can be used to retrieve information from an asset?
- Get Data
- Get Asset
- Get Database
- Get Excel
Q20. Can the parameters from orchestrator overwrite the existing ones?
Q21. Which of the following parameters must be defined while creating a new environment?
Q22. Which of the following fields must be mentioned while creating a new Machine Template?
- Template Name
- Template Type
- Environment Name
Q23. Can the name of the machine template be changed?
- Yes, only if there are edit rights on machines
- Yes, without restriction
- Yes, only if there are edit rights on robots
Q24. What do you understand by transaction?
- A set of arguments added to queue
- A set of jobs added to queue
- A set of processes added to the queue
- Execution of process
Q25. Can we change a standard robot to floating robot?
- Yes, but only for attended robots
- Yes, but only for unattended robots
So, this was all about the RPA UiPath Interview Questions. If you are further interested in learning about Robotic Process Automation, this blog series will be updated frequently. If you have attended RPA interviews or have any additional RPA UiPath interview questions you would like us to answer, please do mention them in the RPA Interview Questions comments section below. All the best for your interview!
Are you looking to know more about RPA and pursuing a career in Automation? You should check for our RPA Developer Course. The training courses include live instructor-led training, industry Use cases, and hands-on live projects. This training program will help you become confident in RPA and will help you get the job you’ve always wanted.
Got a question for us? Please mention it in the comments section of this RPA UiPath Interview Questions blog and we will get back to you.